We are very fortunate to have so many active volunteers throughout Illinois! Thank you to everyone who helped collect petitions and who will continue to help us to victory in November!
A special thank you to Trent Shepard and Diane and Ed Wilhite for creating our original volunteer toolkit. Many of the materials they created are included below but have been updated to reflect the next step of the campaign.
The online toolkit includes a sample PowerPoint presentation for house parties educational meetings, volunteer best practices, guidance for writing a letter to the editor, and much more.
- Starter Toolkit. Get tips on organizing a team to knock on doors, make phone calls, host house parties, and much more!
- Phone Banking Best Practices. Fun tips and tricks on how to maximize your time while phone banking.
- Canvassing Best Practices. Tips and tricks to make the most of your time on the doors!
- How to Host a House Party. This document provides guidelines on how to throw an informative house party and increase attendees likelihood to volunteer with the campaign.
- Group Presentation Slides. This PowerPoint presentation explains the Independent Map Amendment for you to use to educate small or large groups.
- Letters to Volunteers. Asample letter to new team members explaining the importance of volunteering and welcoming them to the team.
- FAQ. Some frequently asked questions and answers for volunteers.
- Our Message. A fact sheet supporters can provide voters with questions about Independent Maps.
- Editorial Support. Excerpts from newspaper editorials throughout Illinois.
- How to Write a Letter to the Editor. Some tips to improve the odds your letter will be published once it has been submitted.
- Social Media Guidelines. Advice to help Independent Maps spread the word through social media.
- The Amendment. Full and complete language of the 2016 Independent Map Amendment.
For General Politics and Activism News. Click Here.